Is a sub 10 hour Ironman possible.....

Is a sub 10hr IM possible, training less than 10 hours a week for less than 10 weeks.... With no significant base????

Monday, August 1, 2011

My trip to Chicago....

I took all day Friday and Sunday off from training.  I went on a moderate paced tempo run with Jess Fisher on Saturday morning.  It was more of a detox event than a training event. 
Run- 35 minutes (7ish minute pace)


Nutrition... (If you want to call it that)

Friday wasn't terrible. 
Skipped breakfast, no time.
Lunch- half a chicken and zucchini from whole foods
Beers on the patio.... maybe 7, maybe 8.  There were a few glasses of rum in that mix as well.
Dinner was solid.  Two kinds of pasta, steak and some kind of chicken.
More beers,  more beers, then a couple more.  (I believe the days total was somewhere in the low 20's)

Saturday-
slept through breakfast.
2:00pm- roast beef sandwich on wheat.
2-6pm- 3 beers and a flask of rum
5:50pm - cliff bar
6:30-3:00am- more drinks than I could possibly count.  18-20 is close)

Sunday-
10:00am- put breakfast on Matt Voll's room tab, THANKS MATT!  scrabbled eggs, 2 pieces sausage, a bunch of fresh fruit and a vitamin water. 
4:00pm- Buffalo wild wings BBQ Cheese burger and Fry's (I know, I know)  2 beers.
5:00-9:00p- 5 Bell's Oberon's!  LOVE EM!

Monday- (Traveling again)
4:00am- black coffee
5:30am- Cover your ears.... McDonald's.  I know, I know...  I had the oatmeal, a large OJ and most of an egg Mcmuffin.  (which tasted like a hot dog for some reason)  
10:00am-  BACK HOME!!   5 DELICIOUS banana, protein pancakes with peanut butter and honey.
2:00pm- cliff bar
3:30pm- two Mix 1's 



This weeks total training time
Strength- 60 minutes
Swim- 67 minutes
Bike- 2 hours, 59 minutes
Run- 1 hour, 33 minutes.

TOTAL:  6 hours, 39 minutes.

1 comment: